Hi,

Am Donnerstag, dem 30.12.2021 um 18:58 +0000 schrieb Eric Bresie:
> And there is still no completed donation.

Yes, from my POV this is a good example, that the CLA model of
development does not work. The only argument for the CLA is, that a
single party is able to handle copyright and licenses in a sane way,
that only worked partially and took a really long time. At least that
is a result of this demonstration.

You should keep in mind, that the first donations were driven by
Geertjan, who put a lot of effort into it and we don't know how much
more effort it took behind the scenes. I would not bet on any more
donations.

> So then what’s next?

Option 1: Take the CDDL/GPLv2 licenses source and make that work on
Apache NetBeans (nothing stopping the resurrection of nbpython
project). If the necessary steps are documented and donation happens
the steps can be reproduced against the donated codebase.

Option 2: Rebuild Python support from scratch. You already said that
the LSP approach might work and given that

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3385

is tested with python LSP, there is already work done elsewhere.

Greetings

Matthias