Le 01/03/2017 à 13:43, Wade Chandler a écrit :
> I understand the points on decisions being made on the mailing lists, but
> humans make these decisions, and as humans we often have dynamic and active
> discussions before such decisions are made or even brought to a more open
> or official forum.
>
> Sometimes a group may be working on a feature or a code change, and the
> official communication from that session may be a merge or a pull request
> with comments in the code and git.
>
> Humans also like to use modern paradigms. Slack is one of those. We have
> Slack and IRC, and should be accessible in my opinion.

Nobody says that IRC or slack should not be acessible or used.

The point is that the more you use such synchronous channels, the more
you are excluding those who aren't present on those channels when
discussions occurs.

And this is the problem : from a community standpoint, this is not good.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org