Hi Mark,

Thanks a ton for the detailed reply, which makes a lot of sense to me.

Given that, I see no strong argument or reason to further hold up the
(re)quest to keep using org.netbeans for Maven GroupId.
Assuming of course all the technical and administrative hurdles with
Nexus and Sonatype can and will be dealt with appropriately.
So +1 on this from me.

A few comments and remarks inline below.