> In my new feature(which is not done, and I don't know when I'll get back to
> working on it), you can just write sql code that does a join itself.

If the point is to circumvent entity views, then I would advise against it. I'd rather enhance the entity view engine.

Being able to declaratively define a view in a consolidated area is great for code organization and self-evident docs.

Jonathon

De : "Adam Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Was not delegator methods thought to hide SQL code ? I think that David meant
to prune not to replace. In both case such a
changes
implie
major tedious refactoring. Though using deprecated concept it could be carried
on carefully in time...
I don't think you understand.
Mmm..., do you think so ?

You wouldn't be writing sql to the raw jdbc.  You'd be writing an Ofbiz
sql dialect.  Ofbiz would then translate that on the fly to the correct
underlying form.
In your example the difference is very light !

In OfBiz, you can create views; this has to be done by editing an
entitymodel.xml file.  This is more difficult than I care for.