Thanks Jonathon,

This is clearly explained, no doubt. Waiting now for opinions because this
means more work for commiters and we should be sure we
want to go for that.
I guess the main reason we are doing as it's now is explained in
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan#ReleasePlan-GeneralReleasePolicies
Notably <<Once a release branch stabilizes an initial "stable" release tag and
pre-built package will be issued>>

Always the man power issue, though as I'm not a svn branch expert I may not
understand something here (I seems easier to me to put a
tag on a branch than to have to deal with multi sub-branches) ?

My question remains : patching security holes should be considered as bug fixes
? It seems that for POS users it's yes, but only in
this case ? Should we not change our release policy about that point ?
My opininon is yes : we should consider that fixing an *obvious* security hole
is like fixing a bug. Because it's not a logical bug
but a functionnal one. But this concept of "functionnal bug" should not be
applied/used outside of security range else we would
really then open a can of worms !

Jacques