You are all invited to review, discuss in comments and possibly add pro and
cons on this page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/GITHUB+plus+GIT+VS+JIRA+plus+GIT

It would else become unreadable here...

Hopefully we will get to a consensus...

Le 12/03/2020 à 12:17, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

As I see no Jira references in "Release Distribution Policy" I guess it's
not an issue to no longer use Jira to manage versions and releases numbers,
ie using

[1.5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/OFBIZ/administer-versions?status=released-unreleased

We are not using Jira to manage releases. But when we publish a new release
we update Jira versions to reflect the change. This information is useful
to group Jira tickets by version. I am not sure if there is a similar
feature in GH.

Jacopo

Thanks Jacopo,

I have updated the wiki page with your answer as, for now, a cons.

https://github.com/github-tools/github-release-notes seems to be the solution
(to be confirmed), updated the wiki page for the same