Hi Benjamin, All,

That's a good point indeed. And we 1st need to clearly define what are the old
and the new processes. Here is a try:

The "old process" (not so old, changed with Git replacing Svn, hence the
discussion) is

 * use Jira to create issues with possibly attached patches and discussion
there. With all what Jira affords...
 * You can also link a GH PR from Jira. And have a patch, then it begins to be
confusing (which one is the later, etc.)
 * You can create a PR in GH and discuss it there, nothing else. There should
not be crossed discussions in Jira and GH
 * I certainly miss other points, that's the gist

The new process is not clearly defined, here are 2 possible versions:

 * Jira is only used for history reason, no more issue creations allowed
 * GH is used not only for PR but also to create issues (needs a PMC
agreement). It's then a replacement of Jira and we need to be quite careful
   doing so.

 * Jira continues to be used as is. With IMO some restrictions, like: if you
have a patch you don't create a PR, it's one or the other way.
 * GH is used not only for PR but also to create issues (needs a PMC agreement)
an discuss them there. PR or attached patch can be used to contribute.

As you see, for me the question is not  "GitHub or Jira"  but "GitHub or Jira or
both" I have changed the title of the related wiki page accordingly:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Question%3A+GitHub+or+Jira+or+both

HTH

Jacques