You are correct. Instead of just looking at what the technical differences
(and similarities) between between the two approaches are (and opting for
one or the other based on personal preferences), we should be looking at:

   1. will the change from one to another bring more to our potential
   adopters (their decision makers) and contributors. But also to
   developers/implementers not aspiring to be a contributor;
   2. how much effort will this change take, and when will the change-over
   be normalised into a smooth sailing cruise.

These two factors should determine whether the project goes forward with
yet another big refactoring. And this time it is not code, but procedural
changes accompanied by documentation changes. If not done properly, there
will be confusion. And confusion (too long and/or too much) leads to people
not choosing to adopt/contribute or even leaving the project.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)