Here is what I found in a quick search:

"Coordinates in the TIGER/LineĀ® files are in decimal degrees and have six implied decimal places. The positional accuracy of these coordinates is not
as great as the six decimal places suggest."

That is from near the bottom of page 6 of this document:

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tigerua/ua2ktgr.pdf

Or are you referring to a different TIGER?

BTW Chris, I'm having a lot of trouble understanding your posts. I don't know if others are running into the same thing, but much of the time I'm not sure quite what you're getting at or what you propose as many of these seem to be little snippets of thought instead of entire thoughts... could explain a little more of what you have in mind?

Also: I looked at the postgis stuff you added, and... what's the point? If it only works with postgres how is that useful for OFBiz?

-David