I really was trying not to say anything here, first because I do not wish to add any fuel to the fire, and secondly because this conversation did not personally concern me. However, I fail see any circumstance when a personal conversation is "very much bad form". Isn't the opposite generally true? I have found that if two people are having a disagreement, a phone call clears the air much, much faster than a vague, insincere, public mailing list. Wouldn't you agree?

Just because something starts in public, doesn't mean it has to end in public. If I lose my temper and yell at my wife in the middle of the grocery store, I am certainly not going to take her back there tomorrow and apologize to her in front of the cashier and the stock boy. It's none of their business, and it's none of yours either. As far as I am concerned, this conversation was a disagreement between Hans and Tim. If they decide they want to resolve their conflicts by emailing each other privately, Tim calls to apologize to Hans, Hans calls to apologize to Tim, or the two of them sit down and have a beer together at ApacheCon and then punch each other in the face, that is really none of my business.

Let's keep the dev list for discussions about OFBiz development.

Ryan Foster
HotWax Media
801.671.0769
ryan.fos...@hotwaxmedia.com