Le mardi 15 décembre 2009 à 23:28 +1300, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Hi Erwan,
>
> It'll be another couple of days before I can make an informed comment,
> I'm still very much in the learning phase.
>
> One question I do have, does anybody have selenium setup to run in a
> continuous integration environment?
We do have some at nereide
> If you have lots of tests, how long to they take to run?  Is
> SeleniumGrid a good solution to shortening the time a test run takes?
> So maybe a few questions :-)

The results here :
http://selenium.neogia.org/ofbiz/results/result_2009.12.14_08:12:44.html
took 12 minutes for 13 tests
and the results here :
http://selenium.neogia.org/ofbizNeogia.stable/results/result_2009.12.14_08:12:45.html
took about 20 minutes for 41 tests
That's a quite fast server. 4 proc, 8GB ram (those are html testSuite
using selenium-server.jar directly, perhaps using seleniumXML can change
the duration a little bit)

And loading a page is may be the only "long" stuff.

> I guess I'm still sitting here wondering if WebTest isn't a better
> solution simply because it doesn't require a browser (just another ant
> task) and the tests run faster.  I've never used either before so I'm
> in the dark on these solutions.

I think that selenium is quite good because you can _really_ know how
long took a test, e.g we could also test how long it takes to purchase
1000 products (don't know if it will be still possible with webtest)

cheers,

--
Matthieu BOLLOT
www.nereide.biz