On 16/12/2009, at 10:00 AM, Nicolas Malin wrote:

Le mercredi 16 décembre 2009 à 09:36 +1300, Scott Gray a écrit :
That sounds like a good idea to me.  What would be awesome is if the
CI server could inspect the commit, determine the components/
applications affected and then only run the applicable tests.  Full
tests runs could be reserved for framework commits or something like
that.

It's good idea for 90% change in applications components but with
integrate system as OFBiz some change on one component can generate
error on other components.

With Neogia we had 40 seleniums test and many alert from test came from
business component that selenium test didn't depends.

With OFBiz structure we can run full test when operate change in
application and framework (for me application is also a business
framework ;) ) and only a component for not important framework
component (exemple, ...) and specialpurpose.

I think initially it will be perfectly fine to run every test for every commit but eventually (assuming people actually contribute tests) the number of tests may make this impractical and that is the point where we'll need to find ways of trimming down the test runs.

cheers
Nicolas

Regards
Scott