I tend to agree with you Hans for those components, complements inline

From: "Hans Bakker" <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
> In general i agree with this action however,
>
> 1. components which need to be integrated with components like help and
> reporting (birt) in order to be useful and which are essential for the
> functionality of the system, i do not agree:
>
> help
Essential in my opinion, we should name it webhelp to make clear what it uses
(docbook-webhelp seems a bit too much no?)

> Birt

The only drawback with Birt though is its size, could we not use Ivy to charge
what is not specific to OFBiz. Because I think not everybody is using Birt

> 2. further the following components are standard in any ERP system so
> OFBiz should have it too:
>
> ecommerce
What about the new related Solr component contributed recently
> asset management
> pos,webpos
Exactly my opinion for those 3 too

> 3. Then the components which are essential for new developers:
> example
+1
> cmssite
I'd have to review more

And what about projectmgr?

The others are for me specific enough to get to Apache Extras

Jacques

> Regards,
> Hans
>

> On 11/16/2012 02:11 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi Jacopo,
>>
>> So apart the next step is to move all specialpurpose components to Apache
>> Extras. Are we still all OK to do that?
>> I heard here and there that not all the community is expecting good from
>> this move.
>> Like less attention to moved components or new component going only to
>> Apache Extras.
>> An example is the new Solr component wich is supposed to be used with the
>> eCommerce component.
>> So far we agreed that the eCommerce component will be the only one (apart if
>> we agree on it the new webhelp component) to stay in specialpurpose, right?
>>
>> Thanks to one last time share your opinions, before the next move occurs...
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>> Thank you Jacques.
>>>
>>> I am going to work on the debian removal, that should be quick.
>>>
>>> Another important milestone would be the creation of an extras.html page
>>> for our website where we could list:
>>> 1) the components for OFBiz managed out of the OFBiz as Apache Extras
>>> 2) the components moved to Attic (migrating the information currently in