That would work but isn't the content component supposed to support
localization itself?

In regards to being able to swap out a help implementation, IMO all that is
really required is a service that takes in a webSiteId, view name and locale
which them returns a URL.  In order to swap out the implementation it's then
merely a matter of overriding that service with your own URL provider.

Regards
Scott