Well, the problem is that we would need to pick one package name.

Afair the policy so far has been that all packages must be under the TLP name.
That was the reason why CODI also has org.apache.myfaces.extension.cdi and not
simply org.apache.codi. That was the main reason for proposing two TLPs even if
there is lots of overlap.
Not sure if this argument is still valid or if we could get an exception from
board though...

LieGrue,
strub