On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking of starting to create an updated migration guide for AOO.
>  If you have any thoughts on this, or want to help, let me know.

Excellent idea, it's in need of it, especially around network installs and
network wide customisations.

So I'm up for helping out.

> Target audience includes:
>
> 1) Individual Microsoft Office users, where such users provide their
> own technical support.
>
> 2) IT departments who support users migrating from MS Office to OpenOffice
>
> 3) Groups considering moving to AOO and wanting some guidance on
> migration strategy
>
> Rather than starting from scratch, I looked around to see if there is
> anything close that could be updated.   I saw that we have a few older
> versions of this kind of document:
>
> 1) "Migration Guide: A guide to ease your migration to OpenOffice.org
> from other office suites" (2004)
>

> http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/manuals/oooauthors/MigrationGuide.pdf
>
> 2) OpenOffice.org 2.0 Migration Guide (2006)
>

> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide
>
> 3) OpenOffice.org Migration Guide (2006)
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/images/7/79/0600MG-MigrationGuide.pdf
>
> Does anyone know of anything more recent than the 2006 version?  Does
> anyone know where the source for the 2006 PDF is?  Or was it generated
> from the wiki?

Originally it was generated from ODT files, that came from oooauthors. I
have copies of those, unfortunately this is the latest version I have and
I'm pretty sure nothing came after this.

I also have a PDF of SUN Star Office migration white paper from 2009 which
may be helpful

Cheers
GL