On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Keith N. McKenna
<keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Graham Lauder wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Keith N. McKenna
>>> <keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:

> 2) OpenOffice.org 2.0 Migration Guide (2006)

> 3) OpenOffice.org Migration Guide (2006)

> Does anyone know of anything more recent than the 2006 version?
>>>>>>
>> I believe that all the documentation for Version 2 was done on the
>> wiki and was then made into PDF's using an add-on.

> I don't see how to do this.  Perhaps it requires admin rights?

>>> Ack Sorry,  GMail defaults can be a pain... as I was trying to
>>> say
>>
>>> It shouldn't be too difficult,  I think that you can do this
>>> using the move tab, you can rename that and the subpages as well
>>> although that's not a copy per se.
>>
>>> I'll see what I can do, just may have to revert,  if it all turns
>>> to custard tarts
>>
>>> Cheers GL
>>

> Graham;
>
> Using the Move command will rename the pages to the new namespace and
> set a redirect on the original to the new pages.
>
> One word of caution. Those pages are covered by the CCBY license. The
> only way I now to redo those pages under an alv2 license would be to
> start over from scratch and not use the prior pages at all. For me it
> makes much more sense to just update the pages with current
> information and keep the license as is. However I bring it up as some
> people have rather strong opinions about using other than the alv2
> license.

I don't see a problem building on the existing content, under the
stated license.  We're not including these guides in a release.  The
reason for a copy was to preserve the existing material for users
while a new version is being prepared.  It could take a few weeks to
do the update and it could be messy day-to-day.

-Rob