On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Keith N. McKenna
> <keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Graham Lauder wrote:

> http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/manuals/oooauthors/MigrationGuide.pdf
> >>>>>>

> > 2) OpenOffice.org 2.0 Migration Guide (2006)
> >>>>>>

> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide
> >>>>>>

> > 3) OpenOffice.org Migration Guide (2006)

> > Does anyone know of anything more recent than the 2006 version?
> >>>>>>
> >> I believe that all the documentation for Version 2 was done on the
> >> wiki and was then made into PDF's using an add-on.

> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide
> >>>>

> > I don't see how to do this.  Perhaps it requires admin rights?

> > Graham;
> >

> > Using the Move command will rename the pages to the new namespace and
> > set a redirect on the original to the new pages.
> >
> > One word of caution. Those pages are covered by the CCBY license. The
> > only way I now to redo those pages under an alv2 license would be to
> > start over from scratch and not use the prior pages at all. For me it
> > makes much more sense to just update the pages with current
> > information and keep the license as is. However I bring it up as some
> > people have rather strong opinions about using other than the alv2
> > license.
> >

> I don't see a problem building on the existing content, under the
> stated license.  We're not including these guides in a release.  The
> reason for a copy was to preserve the existing material for users
> while a new version is being prepared.  It could take a few weeks to
> do the update and it could be messy day-to-day.
>
> -Rob

OK I've set up a new structure, not sure what the 502 error is, but edits
seem to be taking in any case, even though the 502 still keeps popping up.

The old version has been moved to
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide_2006

And I've shifted an editable version to
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide/Calc_and_Excel>

I've put a link to the old Guide on the bottom of the front page

I noted that there is no link to the Migration guide on the Documentation
front page,  Should I link to both versions on there or just the '06
version.

I just have a couple of subpages that didn't move for some reason to sort

Recommend anyone wanting to contribute use the discussion page and put a
watch on it so you can keep up with what's going on.

Cheers
GL