On 2014-04-14, at 09:39, Samer Mansour <samer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Odd, I thought this was pretty obvious:
> https://www.openoffice.org/why/why_sme.html  Its only 2 clicks into the
> site.
> I want to learn more -> Businesses, third bullet down.
>
> This may be a product of our localized sites not existing / being updated.
> This person was inquiring for a Malaysian business, not sure if the person
> inquiring was also from Malaysia.
>
> Samer
>

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> This seems to be an FAQ item:  What are commercial terms for AOO?   Where
>> is a good place to put this FAQ?
>>
>> -Rob

Being obvious, stating the repeated—then stating it again—is no proof against
the wilfully oblivious poster who feels compelled to correspond personally with
seeming humans to obtain requisite legal permissions; in fact, it may be
legally required to get an actual reply from the copyright holder that
commercial usage of this free software is permitted.

At least, that was my experience long long ago.

Having a FAQ, as we did at Sun, helped--but only for this we envisioned being
like us. In the end, just spending time at night with the outlier questions
seemed most expeditious.
louis