> yes, that's nice. But you shouldn't commit fixes without a possibility
> to test if it was good. Would you? ;-)

First I did this in the past. Please see

https://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/compiling-openoffice4/

At that time I was sure the patches would find their way to source tree,
but apparently they have been ignored...

> Nobody has said we don't do it and they are not more open-minded.

I said that they are more open-minded! And I based this on my own
personal experience. Not to mention that since you got the code
from a company that produces Solaris, out of courtesy you should
ensure the suite compiles under Solaris...

> It's simply a fact that we have no experts for Solaris and no testing
> hardware.

Hardware? We are not talking about SPARC machines. Nobody
cares about these machines anymore. We are talking about
"ordinary" computers with Intel or Intel-like processors. Second
you do not need experts. You only need people that know
Unix. After all, we are not takling about driver porting here...

> If we would have it, then we would build and test the code. Or if
> someone else is taking this over. So, maybe you want to help us? We are
> open for this. :-)

I am sure the whole OpenIndiana community would like to help
provided you do a few simple things: abandon SunStudio for
Solaris and change the MAKE files according to our suggestions.

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece