Am 04/04/2016 11:30 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

On 04/04/2016 08:00 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 04/04/2016 12:11 PM, schrieb Απόστολος Συρόπουλος:

yes, that's nice. But you shouldn't commit fixes without
a possibility
to test if it was good. Would you? ;-)

First I did this in the past. Please see

https://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/compiling-openoffice4/

interesting. Thanks for the link.

At that time I was sure the patches would find their way
to source tree,
but apparently they have been ignored...

Nobody has said we don't do it and they are not more
open-minded.

I said that they are more open-minded! And I based this on
my own
personal experience. Not to mention that since you got the
code
from a company that produces Solaris, out of courtesy you
should
ensure the suite compiles under Solaris...

We made the opposite experience. So, sorry that I've a
different opinion.

It's simply a fact that we have no experts for Solaris
and no testing
hardware.

Hardware? We are not talking about SPARC machines. Nobody

I didn't know that it's not about SPARC. This changes indeed
the problem a bit. ;-)

More in my answer to Patricia's mail.

Marcus

In any case, since we don't currently have "official"
distros for Solaris -- I would be content changing all these
issues to ENHANCEMENT rather than DEFECT.

Thoughts?

I think this wouldn't change the actual problem: Somebody has to do the change in the code. We have neglected this platform and this is IMHO also one reason that we don't offer any builds anymore.

Let's see what Patricia will say about the effort she sees.

Marcus