Hello,

anything is possible if you want it. And if you really want it, a merger with LO is also possible.

The problem is that AOO is way behind. Even if you don't want to hear it: Too little has happened over the last several years. Ages ago we discussed what to do about version 5.0 - nothing about it has happened so far. LO has overtaken us by far. Sometime ago we discussed what to do about version 4.2 - and now we seem to be discussing version 4.1.4. That would only be a very minor step.

And no, you don't say EOD because the merger is, allegedly, not possible. You say EOD because it hurts you to acknowledge the shortcomings of the work on AOO and you want to put that behind you and to ltrundle on in the old slow speed.

And, @ Jörg, you might want to be more careful about the choice of your words. Just because someone says something you don't want to hear what they say is not necessarily bad propaganda or an attack. The way you react reminds me of Trump's tweets to criticism. And it is not the way to conduct an orderly discussion.

Max