Hi Pierre-Andre,

you wrote:
> I agree with Niklas. It is important for external contributors who may start
> to write patches by their own before contacting the OOo team to integrate
> them in trunk.
>
> For them, it would be nice to have a small but relevant guide with all the
> rules to be respected to contribute to OOo (what you are doing). That way,
> they could check everything before attaching the patch.

Sure - and for the aspects Niklas was referring to, that's already there:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Cpp_Coding_Standards/General_Coding#Clear_Origin_of_Local_Data_.28LocalData.29

But as I conceded, it would also be helpful to have module-wise
manifests, where such things (and other conventions, like class naming
schemes, used/deprecated helpers, dependent modules, etc.) are
documented.

And still, I think the coding standards needn't be too fine-grained...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten