Hi Niklas,

you wrote:
> > OK - so, what naming scheme would you propose?
>
> Any one, it's consistency that matters. Roll a dice. Or leave some
> latitude, allowing "m" or "m_", for example. But we do use some
> "moderate Hungarian" with "nVal" and "aObject", so this shouldn't be
> an implied rule that someone can only learn by asking, it should be
> documented.
>
> At least it was my impression up to now that the whole thing is
> supposed to be "how we do things at OOo", not another list of "C++
> best practices".

Not quite. It's a "how we should do things at OOo", distilled from a
set of rules and best practices others found useful.

But certainly, the borderline between general usefulness, OOo
peculiarities and plain "that's how it is" is fuzzy - topics like code
format and obsolete habits already show that.

What about stating what you want on a per-module basis? The
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Source_code_directories
entry point already provides general overviews for a few modules, and
linking to individual module manifests (that document such
conventions) would clearly be helpful.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten