Thorsten Behrens wrote:
A little bit of naming convention is certainly needed. Nobody wants to
see a mixture of
  Foo aFoo(maFoo);
  CFoo foo(_foo);
  foo f_(f);
even if it's in different modules.

OK - so, what naming scheme would you propose?

Any one, it's consistency that matters. Roll a dice. Or leave some latitude, allowing "m" or "m_", for example. But we do use some "moderate Hungarian" with "nVal" and "aObject", so this shouldn't be an implied rule that someone can only learn by asking, it should be documented.

At least it was my impression up to now that the whole thing is supposed to be "how we do things at OOo", not another list of "C++ best practices".

Niklas