Kohei Yoshida wrote (8-11-2007 17:06)
On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:47 +0100, Bernd Eilers wrote:

Anyhow you certainly donĀ“t want to break that semi-automatic process to generate Release Notes and volunteer to offer to parse a few hundred specifications in a few hundred different plain text based formats

So, is that true that we have a few hundred new features going in to
each release?  If that's true, I'd agree for the need of automation but
I have my doubt that that is really the case.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Count for 2.3.0 is only (...) about 70.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Features_2.3#Full_list

Though some structured data/lists were available, it took more that a day to only discover all features. Some simply had to be dug out Issuetracker.
And one feature was discovered a month after the release of 2.3.0 :-)

I cannot judge about a specific issue leading to this thread, but the more automated (= regular info) the better, IMO ;-)

Regards,
Cor
--

Cor Nouws