>>> Note that everywhere where there is a "feature-info:" in the "Spec.
>>> abstract" column of the Release Notes the process used a dirty fallback
>> Why is that fallback "dirty"? I don't think that everything mentioned in
>> the release notes needs a full blown specification.
>
> Seconded.

/me too

> The "dirty" in the fall-back is that it doesn't preserve
> formatting ;-) i.e. the text written should be surrounded by <pre> tags,
> e.g. see i74918 in http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.3.0.html

While we are at it ... Somebody should look at those notes *before*
they're published.

It's nice to have automatisms, but as with other automatisms, there's a
need for manual post-work. In this case, IMO it's a strong need. In the
current form, which a) has a unfriendly layout b) contains semantic,
grammatical and orthographic errors c) contains duplicates, it is a
little bit of a shame, given that usually, we expect this to be a very
early reading for a lot of people, once a new version is out.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -