I realize that mobile hardware is not enough advanced for that yet and vector-based technology is only in an development stage.

brgds
Oleksiy

On 30.10.2015 12:06, Maarten Deen wrote:
On 2015-10-30 11:53, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
One of the advantages of the the vector-based map would be the multilingualism.

For instance at the moment the OSM map of the Middle East is basically
useless for me as I do not know the Arabic alphabet yet. But as far as
I understand and as I heard at the conference the vector-based map
would allow the choice of a language of the map itself.

I do not see how that can not be solved with png-based tiles. You only have to render the tiles.
The method for detecting which tileset/language to show is the same.

BTW: it is still not as simple as rendering "in a different language". Then you start rendering a map in English and see names like "Cologne" or "Brussels" show up on the map.

Regards,
Maarten