Nathan Bubna wrote:
heh.  who ever heard of a quick Struts release?  now you're just
talking nonsense. ;-) but seriously, this is totally unrealistic. the different projects will overlap in their various states of
readiness/buginess and the next GA release of any of it must wait
until all of it is ready.

But this hinges on each project having different committed developers, actively developing their code. My original point is that the committers that are working on action are the same as EL, taglibs, extras, and plugins. Even then, those projects are more or less in maintenance mode, save perhaps Action 1, which is still being worked on.

The situation you describe is what prompted the splitting of subprojects originally. However, after almost two years of subprojects and the looming addition of Action 2 later, I think we are seeing based on previous activity that the new subprojects didn't facilitate easier releases and more activity, but rather complicated our build and release processes. In the end, if you can do the same thing but with less work and complexity, then do it. I think consolidating Action 1 subprojects, which have no life outside Action 1, is the right step to evolve our code and project structure to better fit the community and those willing to maintain it.

Don

Paul