The generally accepted terminology for release numbering is
MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.  Yes, Struts does things strangely, but that
doesn't change how users expect things to work.  Throwing in big
features, and yes, I consider new annotations big features as they
worm their way into user code, is not something I feel comfortable
doing in a "third-level" release, or whatever we call it.

In this case, the annotations will be likely redone for 2.1 anyways.
A lot of it is my fault - they have been kinda thrown in there without
systematic thought, and I had hoped we could fix that for 2.1.  I'd
hate to introduce new annotations only to deprecate them weeks later.

Don