Don Brown wrote:
The generally accepted terminology for release numbering is
MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.  Yes, Struts does things strangely, but that
doesn't change how users expect things to work.  Throwing in big
features, and yes, I consider new annotations big features as they
worm their way into user code, is not something I feel comfortable
doing in a "third-level" release, or whatever we call it.

In this case, the annotations will be likely redone for 2.1 anyways.
A lot of it is my fault - they have been kinda thrown in there without
systematic thought, and I had hoped we could fix that for 2.1.  I'd
hate to introduce new annotations only to deprecate them weeks later.
My preference would be to wait as well. If for nothing else, to see how JSR-311 (RESTful web services) flushes out and whether we should adopt some of the structure of the annotations in Struts2. Has anyone looked into this JSR? I saw a presentation at Sun Tech Days the other day. I just need to find some time to see if it could be adopted to the annotations in s2 now :-)