Hello Dan,

One answer inline below.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 8:07 AM Dan <faterr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > About move weex-toolkit project into the Apache repo.
>
> For now, this is a little difficult and also inconvenient thing cause the
> current 2.0 tools are in a state of rapid iteration, and I also hope to get
> the user's usage from the tool, this may not be allowed by apache, I prefer
> to develop these tools as a third-party developer, it should be ok to
> remind users in the documentation that it's not part of Apache

This is a common misconception. Code does not have to be complete to be
developed at Apache.  Rapid prototyping and user feedback are important
parts of all software development whether at Apache or elsewhere. For an
example of a project currently doing this in incubation see PLC4X.

Can you explain in more detail what makes development within an Apache
GitHub repository difficult for you? Perhaps it’s an issue that can be
resolved?

It’s important that the Weex PPMC resolves this. A project which is split
in this way cannot be effectively governed by the Weex PMC.  The governance
imbalance can cause distortions in the code architecture. More important:
it can damage the community.

Best Regards,
Myrle

(I speak from experience: I made exactly this mistake when I first became
involved with Apache.)