Hi,

awesome discussion I started here. Really like your responses.

To add some context on the "unreleased code" discussion: For Apache
Cordova we have official, voted releases, but all tooling can also be
installed from git directly (`npm install -g cordova` vs. `npm install
-g https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli` or even `git clone
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli` with `npm link`). We also have
a cronjob that creates nightly builds and pushes them to npm, so those
can be tested. That way normal users do use the normal, stable, voted
Apache releases - and maintainers and more active users can still use
the newest stuff. For Apache it is only important that only the
official releases are marketed to users, because only those have the
"seal of approval" from the PMC by voting.

Maybe a freat first step would be to identify all the repositories
that are _currently_ connected to Weex and list them on a page on the
documentation. Just a link to the repo and a short description what it
does ("weex-toolkit - A CLI for creating and managing Weex based
applications", "weex-pack - Scripts to run and build Weex apps for
different platforms (used by weex-toolkit)" etc). That would give a
first overview and help to decide which should be migrated when.

Thanks to Dan for explaining a bit about _why_ stuff is how it is. As
usual, it can be summarized as "it just grew that way" and that is
perfectly fine. One of the benefits of being an Apache project is that
the rules force a bit of clarity here and make you clean up, so users
don't send emails like the one I did. I am happy you are all moving
forward here instead of just blocking. I think this could be really
great for the Weex project.

Best,
Jan

PS: What is https://weex.io/ based on?