I'm not sure I understand -- you said you are able to run on the master, but
then you said you get an error message when you run on the master.

Please see the help page I mentioned (http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/)
for a list of information that we need to be able to help you.

If you're getting a message about permission denied for
/home/openmpi/bin/orted, you should check the permissions on that file; it
needs to be executable.  If it isn't executable, then you need to check how you
installed Open MPI -- Open MPI's installer should have marked it as executable
during the installation process.