>> Try to get in crowdfunded anti surveillance projects
>> like CommunityCube:
>> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/communitycubes/communitycube-lets-build-a-fair-internet/description
>> It will establish you further like abovementioned and will result in more
>> new users and developers.
> What's their business model? Social networks and open source projects
> are not allowed on Kickstarter, only profitable businesses. Selling
> boxes doesn't provide a good business reason to fund ongoing
> development. Look at your phone, it's probably beyond security support
> already, they want to sell you a new one...
If Kickstarter doesn't allow open source projects, then I don't
understand how Krita has run several successful campaigns through
them.[1][2][3] They do sell pro versions, but they are not targeted in
the kickstarters or even really mentioned at all.

-Charles

[1]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krita/krita-open-source-digital-painting-accelerate-deve
[2]