On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 20:02 +0200, xor wrote:
> However, I think we've spent too much time upon core work while
> neglecting
> deployment (Debian packages) and client applications; so this should
> only be
> done if a volunteer steps up to do it, not something which we can do
> with the
> limited funds we have.

Haha.

I am thinking exactly the opposite. Way too much time/effort/money has
been spent on the peripherial stuff. FRED would work much better if we
didn't focus so much effort on creating an eco-system around it.
Feature/scope creep is what kills us.

Have you seen my other thread? We've terrible code, including in what
can be considered the core of fred! We're still using the original DSA-
based crypto meant for the very first release of Freenet!

Have you seen your other thread? You're seriously advocating that we
should bundle our own browser!

It's way-past time to seriously think about where we're going and what
we're doing.

Florent