Am Samstag, 17. Oktober 2015, 17:39:48 schrieb Matthew Toseland:
> We know how to get this down to ~ 10 seconds:
> - New ECC-based SSKs.
> - Different sized SSKs: 800 bytes (1 packet insert, for chat), ~ 2KB
> (normal for top blocks), 32KB (CHK-sized for forums).

We don’t have the resources at the moment to do this. And if we had
them, we should invest them into fixing things which are broken.

80s for chat don’t really hurt. Evidenced by FLIP chats working well
in real life.

If a volunteer wants to take it up to implement and debug this, sure,
but I would be opposed to investing money into that right now.

Best wishes,
Arne