On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 20:02 +0200, xor wrote:
> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 06:33:15 PM Florent Daigniere wrote:
> > Is "pretending that Opennet can work" still the official project's
> > line?
>
> What is it you request here?

That we have a discussion about it. As for what the outcome should be,
I'm not sure.

If it was up to me Opennet wouldn't have existed...

I do not think that "our users" are genuinely interested in publishing
anything anymore. Back when the project started, there wasn't
Wikipedia, Blogger, facebook nor twitter... And those who are (the
copyright infringement brigade, ...) we're not ready/willing to
support.

I do not think that Freenet provides the security guarantees one would
require to face a "state level" adversary. I do think that implying
otherwise is deceitful (but I also acknowledge that it's what marketing
is about and that it's necessary to raise funds).

I'm not convinced that Darknet (as currently implemented) even works.

All in all, I think that we're still looking for our audience, a decade
and a half in the making... and that's only problematic because we have
chosen it to be.

I've always seen Freenet as an interesting (open) research problem and
a way to learn, nothing more.

Florent