Am Freitag, 16. Oktober 2015, 17:29:45 schrieb Matthew Toseland:
> there's no way to do Javascript […] or server-side databases

Chris Double (bluishcoder) changed his main website to be served directly from
Freenet:

    http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2015/09/14/using-freenet-for-static-websites.html

My info about that: http://draketo.de/english/freenet/clearnet-backend

And plugins can use Javascript. Freenet could even provide javascript
snippets as templates for Freesites to use — just like an uploader
(jSite?)  provided templates to include the next activelinks back in
the 0.5 days.

For example we could say: “include __CHATBOX__ on your Freesite to
include a Freenet-based chatbox”

All these issues are solved in theory, we just need someone who sits
down and realizes that. So please stop the doomsaying. That factually
false negativity sabotages the progress we’re making.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
singing a part of the history of free software:

- http://infinite-hands.draketo.de