On Sat, 2015-10-17 at 10:24 +0200, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Am Freitag, 16. Oktober 2015, 17:29:45 schrieb Matthew Toseland:
> > there's no way to do Javascript […] or server-side databases
>
> Chris Double (bluishcoder) changed his main website to be served
> directly from Freenet:
>
>     http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2015/09/14/using-freenet-for-static-webs
> ites.html
>
> My info about that: http://draketo.de/english/freenet/clearnet-backen
>
> And plugins can use Javascript. Freenet could even provide javascript
> snippets as templates for Freesites to use — just like an uploader
> (jSite?)  provided templates to include the next activelinks back in
> the 0.5 days.
>
> For example we could say: “include __CHATBOX__ on your Freesite to
> include a Freenet-based chatbox”
>
> All these issues are solved in theory, we just need someone who sits
> down and realizes that. So please stop the doomsaying. That factually
> false negativity sabotages the progress we’re making.

Patches are welcome. We had something like that to emulate the slot-
messenging system used in 0.5 (a KSK queue with an HTML form ... I
forgot how it was called).

Over the years plenty of people have proposed to have a JS video
player, a pdf reader, an mp3 player, ... none have materialized in a
pull-request.

Florent