Matthew Toseland a ?crit :
> On Monday 12 May 2008 18:14, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having interrogations about the use of the WoT plugin and I'm
>> confronted to a choice :
>>
>> The plugin is able to handle multiple local identites. But do you think
>> it could be usefull to allow local identities to set different trust
>> levels on other identities.
>
> Yes, it's essential, otherwise it will be possible to identify that two local
> identities are the same because they publish identical trust lists. Of
> course, they'd have to be announced separately to maintain the illusion of
> separation, and then the user would have to be careful; ideally there would
> be two different *reading* clients as well as posting.
>> Possibilities are :
>>
>> 1) One identity publish its trustlist and all local identities share the
>> same trust tree.
>> 2) Every local identity has to handle its own trust list and has its own
>> trust tree. That implies that one identity might see someone while
>> another won't.
>>
>> In my opinion, 1) would fit most uses of the plugin. Except the one
>> where you share your node with a person you totally disagree with (quite
>> unlikely, isn't it ?).
>>
>> The flaw of 2) is that every identity has to set its own trust values
>> for every identities. An option could be to allow the user to set a
>> "parent" identity that the new identity would share it's trust list with.
>>
>> What do you think ?
>
> I think you should support completely separate identities which can't be
> easily linked together, just as Frost did.

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Here what I'll do :

Primary identities : You can create as much as you want. Each one has
its own trust tree and can publish (or not) its trustlist.

Secondary identities : They see the trust tree of a chosen parent
(primary) identity and can't publish a trust list.

That way, every use-case is possible and it is impossible to know if an
identity is a secondary identity or a primary that doesn't publish its
trustlist. And identites that publish their trustlist can't be tied
together, because lists will be different...

If you see a problem, talk now or never (tm) NextGen$ ;)