On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 20:41:38 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 19:52:11 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 18:36:01 UTC, rumbu wrote:

Personally, I don't know any Windows developer masochistic enough to use the command line when an IDE is available for the task described above.

Nice to meet you, rumbu!
Now you know one!

;-P

---
Paolo

Nice to meet you too, Paolo. Browsing through your posts, I saw that you are using "mainly Mono-D" :) Don't tell me that you are coloring the keywords in your code using a marker.

"Not using an IDE" does not mean "programming with cat" - most text editors have syntax highlighting...

Anyways, I've also used to be one of these Windows developers masochistic enough to use the command line. I've used it back when I was programming in C#, which means I had to write .csproj files by hand(deep down they resemble Ant, but Visual Studio seems to be writing all sorts of crap in there) and build the projects from the command line using MSBuild, but it was worth it because it means I could build seamlessly from Vim, and I could write deployment scripts that run on the server.

That being said - when I said "used to be" it's not because I'm no longer a "masochist", but because I'm no longer a Windows developer(so yes, I'm no longer a masochist...) - so you can say I was already in the Linux developer mindset and it's no surprise I preferred the command line. Even back then, I was disturbed by the fact that so many programmers feel uncomfortable with the idea of typing textual commands to make computers do things...