On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 03:00:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I do kind of wonder though what MS would do if the majority of Windows programmers really got a taste of how great the command line is and started complaining to MS en masse about how MS needs to have a proper command line - preferably even port over something like bash or zsh with all of the fantastic tools that come with that. I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that, but they're completely focused on GUIs and doing their own thing.

- Jonathan M Davis

Probably nothing, since they have PowerShell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell#Comparison_of_cmdlets_with_similar_commands