On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 04:38:36 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 25/09/15 4:11 PM, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 03:00:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I do kind of wonder though what MS would do if the majority of Windows programmers really got a taste of how great the command line is and started complaining to MS en masse about how MS needs to have a proper command line - preferably even port over something like bash or zsh with all of the fantastic tools that come with that. I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that, but they're completely focused on
GUIs and doing their own thing.

- Jonathan M Davis

Probably nothing, since they have PowerShell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell#Comparison_of_cmdlets_with_similar_commands

Unfortunately yup that is there replacement.
Funny thing, the only people really using it are networkers. Not programmers. Who would have thought?
Even though it is C# like and supports .net libs.

you guys are nuts.
instead of thinking about this shit, you should think about how to make D usable for windows programmers. don't think about linux crutsches. in my company people are not even willing to think about D, since it has stone age tools, few usable libraries and is changing at a rate that is incredible.
now c# will be compiled to machine code - people you lost.