"Adam Ruppe" <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:j43nl0$2f85$1...@digitalmars.com...
> Count me as another who is sick and tired of the gratuitous breaking
> changes every damned month.

I understand this, and it's a pain to have to change code every release, but
I don't think phobos is _anywhere near_ ready to stop breaking.  The good
news is that the pace of releases has slowed down so it's only every couple
of months.

> The worst part is there's still some new stuff I actually want each
> month, so I'm not doing my usual strategy of never, ever, ever updating
> software.
>
> It's just pain. Trivial changes are easy enough to fix, but are a
> pain. More complex changes cost me time and money. (I'm still angry
> about the removal of std.date. But soft deprecation is even worse -
> I hate that so much the first thing I do when updating my dmd is to
> edit the source to get that useless annoying shit out of there)

How difficult is the process of moving std.date to your own code? (or any
other phobos module)   How could this be made easier?  I don't think the
answer is keeping these (broken) modules in phobos.