I didn't count 'em.  I just did a couple of command line
functions on my mail file (grep and wc) to grab a quick
count.

As far as appropriateness of spots - that's not my call.
I'm not the moderator and didn't set up the criteria for
what is and isn't appropriate.

For what it's worth (which, again, means I'm NOT the
group owner or moderator) it seems to me that if it's
a posting which promotes the use and understanding of
digital modes, it fits the group.

-ps