> I want my mail on
> MY machine.

> I still want to
> control it from my machine and my server. In any case, the idea that
> MY email is on Some Other Machine, immediately makes it a poorer user
> experience.

Every email you send or receive hits some other server whether you
like it or not, so I'm not sure your argument is valid. Your mail
server has to be up and running for you to get your email in *every*
case, regardless of which client you're using, and unless you own your
own mail server, you're trusting your mail to go through another
source as we speak.

-r-