If it's not one of the major factors then what are you designing?
Generally you will know that you are designing software, or a website,
or a car, or a phone ... you can't just design "a product" .. you have
to know what the product is ... and when you know what the product is
then your medium and technology begins to come into play.

I'm not saying that those things should be the sole driving force
behind the design.. but you can't design in a vacuum.

--
Matt Nish-Lapidus
email/gtalk: [EMAIL PROTECTED]