Thanks for the responses thus far.

I think that one of the reasons for this situation, is that the company I
work for has been around for 9 years, and has never had a designer of any
sort.  They are still learning about what I do and how I can contribute.
Some developers have seen how I can make things easier for them, but there
are some that have not had the epiphany just yet.

Thanks for your list of comments David, the only thing that is not quite
accurate is that Flex does not produce AJAX/HTML code, it is a Flash
application development platform.  Applications are served up as a swf
file.  You can go to http://flex.org/showcase/ to see some sample
applications.  It is not

I may just need to press forward and gradually show the advantages of good
design to the groups that David mentions,
and get more people involved in the process.  I totally agree with Jeff's
comments.  I guess part of my headache is that it is just so plain and
simple to me to go in that direction, that it is hard to understand why
others do not see it.

Grady Kelly
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gradykelly.com