At 07:43 AM 3/6/2008, Kevin Doyle wrote:
>I've been recently tasked with testing users on a call center
>application...here's the kicker -- the client doesn't want to foot
>the bill for air travel. I will have access to video conferencing
>and I think that I will be able to use some kind of web conferencing
>software (like WebEx), but I've never had to do anything like this.
>Does anyone have experience with remote usability testing? Any
>recommendations on how to carry this out?

Hi Kevin,

UserVue is especially valuable when teams want to collect their
observations during test sessions in a common log and review points
of interest in the recordings after the sessions. For the highly
iterative testing I typically do, where there isn't time to review
recordings between tests, I use Citrix GoToMeeting

   http://www.gotomeeting.com/

which is less expensive and very easy for participants to use. It
includes a conference call service, whose only drawback is that it's
a toll call for participants and observers.

GoToMeeting can record sessions if you use their conference call
service. If you'd like to provide a toll-free number as a courtesy to
participants, which I typically do, you can use a two-line phone with
a Conference button to connect the toll-free call with the GoToMeeting call.

Best,

Mitchell Gass
uLab | PDA: Learning from Users | Designing with Users
Berkeley, CA 94707 USA
+1 510 525-6864 office
+1 415 637-6552 mobile
+1 510 525-4246 fax